We are very excited to once again offer haunted attraction owners across the United States the unique opportunity of being part of our book, The Fright Seeker’s Guide to Haunted Attractions …And Other Horrific Things 2017. This book is a fascinating collectors item for haunt/Halloween enthusiasts and also bring awareness to the many various types of haunts (charity, home/yard, commercial, etc…) across the country. Our book is the FIRST and ONLY book available to strictly feature entertainment/Halloween based haunts along with additional horrific info, activities, awesome advertisements and haunted house coupons. The books are sold both online and at haunted attractions as souvenirs (available to haunters in wholesale packages).
We are accepting submissions from all types of haunts (operating in the 2017 season) within the United States. Whether you own a yard/garage haunt or a multi-million dollar attraction, we would like to know all about it and possibly showcase it in our 2017 Fright Seeker’s Guide to Haunted Attractions …And Other Horrific Things. It’s completely free to submit your haunt write-up! The book will be available on June 5th, 2017.
How & What To Submit:
To make your submission, send us the following items by email…
- TERMS OF SUBMISSION acknowledgement (See below)
- Contact information (Your name & email address)
- The following three items (This is what will be reviewed for publication)…
- Haunt details (Name, location, dates/times of operation, website address, owner’s name)
- An article/story about your haunt (300-800 words) (This MUST be written in third person and could include facts, history, backstory, when/where/why/how your haunt started or anything else you want people to know about your attraction. MOST IMPORTANTLY… It should either be entertaining or inspiring to the reader… Not just informative.) **Please DO NOT include information that you may potentially change prior to the haunt season. This could include your haunt theme or other specific details. Remember it will be too late to change it after the book goes to publishing, so just be sure that you are going to be happy with whatever you submit.
- No more than five photos of/from your attraction. (Do not put your logo on every photo & must be at least 300 dpi)
Please copy and paste the following to the top of your submission:
I agree that: (1) I am at least 18 years of age; (2) I am the copyright holder/owner of this submission and its contents (including photographs or illustrations) and have the legal right to submit this work/haunt description for publication; (3) The Fascinating World of Random and its owners/agents are fully authorized to publish this submitted material in any format they should choose (print, digital, etc…); and (4) The Fascinating World of Random and its owners/agents are under no obligation to approve/publish my submitted content.
**Your submission will NOT be accepted if the above terms are not included.
Send all items in one email in the above order
Accepted formats: Body of Email, PDF or Word Document
**PLEASE DO NOT EMBED PHOTOS INTO DOCUMENT
Please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Do not use contact page to submit)
Upon receiving your submission, you should expect to hear from us within a few days at most.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SATURDAY APRIL 15th, 2017
WHAT DOES A HAUNT FEATURE LOOK LIKE???
There are several different ways you can write your haunt feature. It can be a completely fictitious backstory or a true account of how your haunt came to be. It can be as short as two paragraphs or it can be a multiple pages. Here are some examples from the 2016 edition (Click the thumbnails to view full page):
WANT TO HAVE YOUR HAUNT FEATURED ON THE BOOK COVER?
We would like to feature a picture on the cover of the book from one of the haunted attractions featured in the book. Therefore, when you submit the above content for review, your submitted photos will automatically be a candidate for the cover. If your haunt photo is chosen to be featured on the cover of the book, you will win ten free books to sell, give away, keep or even throw in the garbage (but please don’t).
WANT TO PURCHASE ADVERTISEMENT IN THE BOOK?
Advertisements are very inexpensive, but VERY LIMITED! They add a great amount of exposure within the book, but you must purchase the space before they’re gone! If you would like to purchase either a half page or full page ad for your haunt, Halloween or horror related business in the upcoming book, please CLICK HERE for more info.
Here are some full page samples from the 2016 edition:
HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS???
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email email@example.com